... International Congress
Researchers from the Portuguese Pulp and Paper Association, from Viçosa and Paraná Federal Universities, among other institutions, highlight the latest technologies and trends in the industry
The 48th Pulp and Paper International Congress, promoted by ABTCP
– Brazilian Pulp and Paper Technical Association - which will take place in October 06 to 08, at the Transamérica Expo Center, in São Paulo, has gained increasing importance and strengthening thanks to the papers presented, which aim to highlight the latest technologies and industry trends. This year, the Congress will bring a special feature on its technical sessions: all papers to be presented were evaluated by world-renowned researchers, from institutions such as the Portuguese Pulp and Paper Association and the Federal Universities of Viçosa and Paraná, among others.
“The Congress is essential to give visibility to the works developed by industry experts. I believe that this exchange of information has been happening over the years, because people who attend the Congress are trained and have much knowledge to share", says Francisco Valerio, president of the Congress.
The following experts evaluated the technical papers which will be presented during the 48th ABTCP Pulp and Paper International Congress:
- Nilda de Fátima Ferreira Soares, Dean of Viçosa Federal University;
- Marta Souto Barreiros, Forestry Engineer at Celpa
– Portuguese Pulp and Paper Association;
- Giancarlo Pasquali, Associated Researcher at UFRGS, which works with cloning and characterization of plant urease genes;
- Jorge Luiz Colodette, Head Professor at Viçosa Federal University;
- Luiz Ramos, Associated Professor of UFPR Chemistry Department – Paraná Federal University;
- Michael Paleologou, Canadian Specialist, expert in Chemical Analysis, Biomass, Industrial Paper and Products Development from FPI;
- Juan Carlos Villar Gutiérrez, an expert in the characterization of new cellulosic raw materials, less contaminating procedures for pulp production, biotechnology applied to paper industry, from INIA.
- Katsuyuki Kadota, Senior Researcher at Oji Holdings Corporation
This year the Congress theme will be focused on the binomial "Innovation and Competitiveness" and, in parallel, the 1st Ibero-American Conference on Bio-economy will take place, a simultaneous event held in conjunction with ABTCP 2015, focusing on Economy, Energy and Bio-inspired Materials – BEM 2015, organized by Riadicyp - Red Iberoamericana de Docencia e Investigación en Celulosa y Papel.
Song Won Park, from São Paulo University (USP), who will chair this 1st Ibero-American Conference on Bio-economy, believes the ABTCP Congress will strengthen the relationship between industry professionals, in addition to the disclosure of scientific works from many Ibero-American countries. “The initiative of RIADICYP members in attending the ABTCP Congress will certainly promote an enrichment of the several topics traditionally addressed annually by the Association", says Park.
(ABTCP - Associação Brasileira Técnica de Celulose e Papel)