JOB PURPOSE: To perform manual labor for clean- up of various lumber manufacturing wood waste and debris from sawmill and planing mill manufacturing facility. The goal is to keep work areas clean and free of hazards and debris to provide a smooth and steady flow of lumber products moving through the designated machine centers.
Employer paid background check, pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol test is required.
JOB PURPOSE: Provide assistance to the licensed foresters to design and layout harvest units and roads. This will be accomplished by aiding foresters in the field reconnaissance and flagging of road locations, stream protection zones, setting boundaries and related wildlife habitat retention areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of a RPF (Registered Professional Forester) will:
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
EMPLOYER PAID PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL AND DRUG TEST IS REQUIRED.
West Fraser believes in giving our employees a challenge they can rise to. At West Fraser there are many challenging opportunities to build your career in our company. We believe in growing our team from within and many of our employees have built their career with us. Discover what you can achieve with West Fraser. Hinton Pulp currently has a full-time opening for an Environmental Supervisor.
The Environmental Supervisor is an advanced level position within the Environmental department. This position optimizes mill environmental performance and assures compliance with all regulatory requirements. It pays particular attention to the Water Treatment plant operations and requires a Water Treatment certification.
Specific duties include:
• Overseeing operations and maintenance of water treatment plant and effluent systems, including operator scheduling, training, certification;
• Coverage for assistance to Environmental Coordinator / Lab Supervisor / or Dept. Superintendent;
• Preparing Green House Gases reports;
• Preparing environmental reports / correspondence to regulatory agencies;
• Communicating environmental performance through oral and written report;
• Scheduling day-to-day work activities of Laboratory (or contractors) personnel assigned to environmental testing;
• Liaising with Maintenance, Operations and Technical departments regarding environmental matters;
• Attending external meetings (AFPA Env. Committee, Hinton Pulp Public Advisory Committee, etc);
• Managing the Technical Dept. Capital Projects / Expense Projects;
• Having a thorough understanding of all regulations, procedures and licenses governing the environment;
• Reviewing day- to- day mill operation, reporting out at internal meetings as required, assisting with troubleshooting environmental issues as required;
• Assisting the Operations department in optimizing environment performance;
• Identifying and analyzing long-term initiatives to improve environmental performance/compliance (Capital + Expense Projects);
• Assisting with maintaining Environmental ISO System.
• A Technical certification or engineering degree;
• The ability to attain Level 3 or higher in Water Treatment Certification;
• Strong technical skills;
• Proficient at time prioritization;
• Excellent people skills;
• Attention to detail;
• Some knowledge of finance (e.g. Dept. budget, project management);
• Able to work independently with little supervision;
• Committed to ongoing training as required in areas of environmental compliance and regulation (e.g. AEnv workshops, etc);
• Legislated training to maintain Water Treatment certification.
West Fraser believes in giving our employees a challenge they can rise to. At West Fraser there are many challenging opportunities to build your career in our company. We believe in growing our team from within and many of our employees have built their career with us. Discover what you can achieve with West Fraser. Hinton Pulp is looking for a Pulpmill Supervisor.
Reporting to the Pulpmill Superintendent, the Pulpmill Supervisor is an intermediate level position in the operations department responsible for shift personnel.
• Training and development of crews utilizing the mill’s competency-based training system;
• Developing and maintaining constructive and positive relationships with crew members and others in the mill;
• Actively looking for ways to improve the mill’s efficiency and safety;
• Performing other related duties as assigned.
• 2nd Class Steam Ticket or Engineering Degree or Pulp and Paper Technology Certificate;
• Supervisory experience in a heavy industrial environment an asset;
• Strong organization and planning skills;
• A sound knowledge of computer software/applications is essential;
• Process knowledge;
• Trouble shooting skills;
• Communication skills with senior management and field crews.
Continuous Training Maintenance/ Requirements:
• Ongoing Site Specific Training;
• Technical Training;
• Occupational Health & Safety Training;
• Leadership Training.
West Fraser believes in giving our employees a challenge they can rise to. At West Fraser there are many challenging opportunities to build your career in our company. We believe in growing our team from within and many of our employees have built their career with us. Discover what you can achieve with West Fraser.
Cariboo Pulp and Paper is looking to fill Entry Level Positions.
We are currently recruiting for individuals who have prepared for full time long-term careers in a world-class pulp mill environment. We offer a challenging stable work environment with several career development opportunities. We are anticipating several vacancies and will be training new employees for various mill departments.
The successful candidates will be grade 12 graduates and possess one or all of the following:
• Third or Fourth class steam engineering certificate,
• College diploma in an appropriate discipline,
• Diploma from a technical institute in an appropriate discipline.
Candidates who are familiar with working in an industrial computerized environment are encouraged to apply.
West Fraser believes in giving our employees a challenge they can rise to. At West Fraser there are many challenging opportunities to build your career in our company. We believe in growing our team from within and many of our employees have built their career with us. Discover what you can achieve with West Fraser. Cariboo Pulp and Paper currently has a full-time opening for a:
Environmental Supervisor to work with our Technical and Operating departments to maintain and improve environmental compliance and efficiency.
Specific duties include:
• Cost control
• Process troubleshooting
• Project evaluation
• Feasibility studies
• Liaison with government agencies
• Supervision of staff and
• Coordination with consultants and contractors
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a Chemical Engineer or hold a degree in environmental science with several years of pulp or heavy industry experience.
• Possess strong interpersonal and self-management skills
• Have the ability to work either independently or as a team member
This position has advancement potential in the mill Technical and Operations departments.
Cariboo Pulp & Paper has been a member of the Quesnel community since 1971 and is certified to ISO 9001 and 14001 standards.
Today, SCA participates in a global panel discussion on innovative business growth, to share our view on how sustainability is reshaping businesses for the future.
Education: Completion of high school
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Heavy Equipment Operator Trade Certification, Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
Type of Heavy Equipment Operated: Backhoe excavator, loader, Bulldozer, large or small
Type of Work Experience: Excavating, Haul road maintenance, Land clearing, Rough grading
Work Setting / Industry Experience: Forestry and logging, Road construction
Specific Skills: Operate heavy equipment, Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks, Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment, Perform minor repairs to equipment
Additional Skills: Utilize material safety data sheets (MSDS), Complete onboard and other logs
Security and Safety: Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test
Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Attention to detail
Work Site Environment: Outdoors
Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation, Valid driver's licence
Essential Skills: Reading text, Numeracy, Writing, Oral communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing
2 excavator operators needed site prep for reforestation.
Duties will include maintaining keeping up with daily quotas. Must be capable of working alone in a safe manner at all times. Site prep in the forestry industry is a must. Operators will be responsible for monitoring quality and production rates.
Minimum Education: Technical Training